Privacy and Security
When you shop at BPA Free you can be rest assured that you are shopping in a secure site, all credit cards are processed using eWay 128 bit SSL encryption (the industry standard security technology for safe internet transactions) therefore your payment details are handled with utmost care to protect your privacy. We do not keep credit card details on any of our systems or files.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and the following policy explains how your personal information will be treated;
The information we collect from you, our customers, helps us improve and personalise our website and the services we offer. We place great importance on our customer’s privacy and have taken appropriate measures to ensure that any information you provide to us or we collect is protected and we will never share or disclose your data to any other organisation.
We may collect and store the following kinds of information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering or placing an order with us (including name, email, postcode, address, passwords);
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including name, email, postcode);
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
This allows you to;
- Re-order items from our website with ease. Keeping your information on record means you will not have to re-enter your information (shipping address, email address etc.) every time you shop which will result in smooth shopping experience. You will however have your own login account whereby you can edit and update your information.
- Personalise and customise your shopping experience. Information volunteered via our website allows you and us to track your order history and your current order status.
Using your personal information
- administer the website
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- send to you goods purchased via this website
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- send you general commercial communications
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send to you marketing communications relating to our business only, which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at info(at)bpafree.com.au with unsubscribe in the subject line)
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information but never credit card details. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password. Always ensure to logout from your account when using a public/shared computer
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email (to info(at)bpafree.com.au) at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
Third party websites
Should this website contain links to other website, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of these third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. Alternatively, you can also review, edit and update your personal information at any time by logging into your account. Please note it is your responsibility to maintain the accuracy of your personal information therefore please review your information regularly to ensure it is correct and up to date.
Conditions of Use
(2) Intellectual property rights: Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
(3) Licence to use website: You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions below. You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website)
- sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material on the website
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- redistribute material from this website (except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution such as our newsletter)
(4) Limitations of liability: The information on this website is provided free-of-charge, and] you acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of this website and the information on this website. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill). Our liability is limited and excluded to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. We will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising under these terms and conditions or in connection with our website, whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing exclusion, we will not be liable for any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings arising under terms and conditions or in connection with our website, whether direct or indirect, and whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise. However, nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
(5) Restricted access: Access to certain areas of our website is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion. If we provide you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of our website or other content or services, you must ensure that that user ID and password is kept confidential. You accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your user ID or password. We may disable your user ID and password at our sole discretion or if you breach any of the policies or terms governing your use of our website or any other contractual obligation you owe to us.
(6) Blog / reviews / comments: You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website. You must not use our website in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity. You must not use our website for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent. You must not use our website to copy, publish or send mass mailings or spam. You must not use our website to copy, publish or send material which is illegal or unlawful, or material which could give rise to legal action under English and other applicable law. All material you copy, publish or send via our website must not be defamatory, obscene, indecent, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; such material must not infringe any person’s intellectual property rights or rights of confidence, impinge upon any person’s privacy, or constitute incitement to commit a crime; further, material must not be misleading, deceptive, sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, harassing or menacing. We reserve the right to edit or remove any material posted upon our website. We may take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the posting of unsuitable material, including suspending or cancelling your account, restricting your access to our website, or commencing legal proceedings against you. In respect of all material that you post on our website, you grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute such material in any media, together with the right to sub-licence such rights.
(7) Free Samples: Free samples are given at random with every order except when more than one order to one address and/or customer name/email is received within a 7 day period. Only one order of multiple orders within a 7 day period will receive the free samples. The other orders will not.
(8) Variation: We may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
(10) Law and jurisdiction: This notice will be governed by and construed in accordance with Australian law, and any disputes relating to this notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
(11) Registrations and authorisations: Our ABN number is 38 202 712 345.
(12) Our contact details: The full name of our company is BPA Free. You can contact us by email to info(at)bpafree.com.au
Baby Shower Registry/Online Orders
BPA Free will not be held liable for errors with gift registry or online purchase orders. When notifying friends and family about gift registry & your product preference, we will not be held responsible for any incorrect email addresses or selection or product errors. Whether it is online ordering or creating a baby shower registry, it is your responsibility to check your order and products before submitting on to the website. Liability rests with you when entering email addresses you wish to share your registry with. BPA Free will not be held liable for any incorrect email addresses you may share your registry details with.